I have always studied mathematics throughout my academic career. I believe it is an essential part of developing one's analytical skills that are directly transferrable to the work environment. Something that has always fascinated me was the way that mathematics always stuck to its core concepts but with each teacher, there would be a different spin on how it would be taught to students. This spin would entail the personal style/view of the teacher in how they approach these core mathematics theories and ideas.
In the article, I was surprised at how much emphasis was put on the history of math as during my personal academic experience, I have not learned much about the history. Furthermore, using outdoor experiences as a tool to enhance the learning of trigonometry is very interesting as its another unique approach that I have not encountered in my own mathematics classes.
Overall after reading the article, my ideas are still very similar. The article highlights unique ways to implement math teachings. This is very similar to my idea that mathematics is usually taught surrounding the core concepts, but have a twist on how these concepts would be learned and incorporated.
Thanks for catching this up, Dylan! What you've written is OK, but you don't go into much depth about the issues raised in the article. I would like to see a revised version posted, with a deeper consideration of these ideas.
ReplyDelete